Dr. Gabor Takacs is a well-known consultant and instructor on Production Engineering and Artificial Lift topics, with over 30 years of teaching and consulting experience. He has conducted various courses and provided consultation services for oil companies in Middle East, South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
Dr. Takacs he was selected as SPE Distinguished Lecturer, and Outstanding Technical Editor for the SPE journal “Production and Facilities.” His organizational involvements and positions include the following:
- Chairman, SPE Artificial Lift Technical Interest Group (1997-2003)
- Member of Hungarian National Committee, World Petroleum Congress (2002-2007)
- Technical Editor, SPE Production and Operations (2009)
- Chairman, SPE Hungarian Section (1992-1994)
He has more than 90 technical papers to his credit, and holds a Hungarian Patent No.200 236 on Pressure Operated Single Element Gas Lift Valve. He has an authored the following books on Artificial Lift technology, which were all published by PennWell Books, USA.
- Gas Lift Manual (2005) ISBN 0-87814-805-1 PennWell Books, USA
- Electrical Submersible Pumps Manual (2009) ISBN 978-1-85617-557-9 Gulf Professional Publishing
- Sucker-Rod Pumping Manual (2003) ISBN 0-87814-899-2 PennWell Books, USA
- Modern Sucker-Rod Pumping (1993) ISBN 0-87814-383-1 PennWell Books, USA
Dr. Takacs is currently the Head of the Petroleum Engineering Department at the University of Miskolc in Hungary. He was previously the acting director at the Petroleum Engineering Department at the Petroleum Institute in Abu Dhabi, UAE. He also taught at Texas Tech Univesity, USA, and at the Mining University of Leoben, Austria.
Aside from the extensive background of Dr. Takacs in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Production Engineering and Artificial Lift, he has also carried out training for professionals from leading companies worldwide, including the following:
- PDO, Oman
- Pan American, Argentina
- ONGC, India
- OXY, Oman
- ADCO, Abu Dhabi
- OMW Petrom, Romania
- Siderca S.A., Argentina
- AGOCO, Libya
- PEMEX, Mexico
- MOBIL Co, Libya