James has an outstanding record in delivering a range of high-value and challenging sub-surface development projects. He is a professional Petroleum/Well Engineer, with nearly 30 years of experience in various aspects of subsurface engineering. Extensive project management experience in delivery of large scale oil and gas field development, abandonment, HPHT and subsea projects. Petroleum Engineering experience includes specialist skills in Petrophysics and Production Technology, Log Analysis (both Open and Cased hole), Nodal Analysis (Prosper/Gap/Mbal), Sand Control Management, Artificial-Lift Design, and Production Optimization (including Subsea). Well Engineering skills include Well Construction (conventional, HPHT and SMART), DST/Completion/Well Testing design and field supervision, and overseas well-site 'Company Man' experience.
Registered as a Chartered Physicist, Chartered Scientist and Chartered Engineer. BSc (Hons), and Post-Graduate Management Qualifications. He has work for major international, national and independent operator companies worldwide as Field Development Project Manager, Wells/Reservoir Team Leader and Drilling Manager for SHELL UK Limited, BP Expolraion Operationg, Perenco UK and so on. He has also previously trained and registered as a UKCS Offshore Installation Manager, and UKCS Statutory Duty Holder more than 350 wells.
- Chartered Physicist (CPhys) – Continuing Professional Development Award.
- Member of the Institute of Physics (MInstP).
- MENSA Certificate of Merit.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Outstanding Leadership Award (former section Chairman).
- Former Trustee-director of the Shell Contributory Pension Fund.
- 2005 & 2006 Shell Europe Production & Exploration HPHT ‘True Grit’ Awards.