ISO 55000 is an international standard that guides organizations in actively managing their assets. It offers a systematic and comprehensive approach to optimize asset performance, minimize risks, and maximize their value in achieving organizational goals.
The aim of ISO 55000 is to broaden the concept of asset management to encompass human assets, physical assets, and other intangible assets that collectively form an organization. These assets have not been effectively utilized or optimized to deliver the highest yield at the lowest possible cost.
What Is The Overview of the ISO 55000 Training Course?
Industrial professionals from both the operations and maintenance disciplines have actively developed the new asset management international standard (ISO 55000). Traditionally, asset management has focused solely on the financial aspect. The ISO 55000 training course by PetroSync serves as an introduction to the new international standard ISO 55000, 1, 2. Its purpose is to create awareness of the standard, its components, its implementation process, and the benefits it brings to the organization. The workshop also highlights the integration between asset integrity management (AIMS) elements and the strategic asset management plan (SAMP) as outlined in ISO 55000.
The standard emphasizes the importance of integrating asset management practices throughout the organization and adopting a lifecycle perspective. By implementing ISO 55000, organizations can enhance their decision-making processes, improve asset performance and reliability, and achieve sustainable business outcomes. This standard provides guidelines for asset planning, acquisition, operation, maintenance, and disposal, empowering organizations to effectively manage their assets and drive continuous improvement.
What Is The Objective of the ISO 55000 Training Course?
The objective of the ISO 55000 training course by PetroSync is to provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the ISO 55000 standard and its key elements. The training course aims to familiarize attendees with the principles, concepts, and requirements of ISO 55000, such as:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to successfully develop and implement a strategic asset management plan.
- Gain an understanding of the tools utilized in industrial asset management.
- Develop the necessary skills to analyze and determine specific asset requirements in alignment with business goals.
- Provide an overview of the international standard ISO 55000:2014 and its practical implementation.
- Learn how to integrate various Asset Integrity Management tools (such as RCM, RBI, CMS, MoC, culture change, RCA, CSMMS, IPF, action tracking, and KPIs) into the strategic asset management plan.
How Is The Outline of the ISO 55000 Training Course?
The outline of PetroSync’s ISO 55000 training course is listed down below. For a more detailed and complete outline, you can refer to PetroSync’s ISO 55000 training course at PetroSync’s website.
- Definition of assets, asset management, and asset management systems (ISO 55000:2014)
- Tools used in asset management and the relation with asset integrity management
- Culture change
- Understanding the Strategic asset management plan (SAMP)
- Case Study – Understanding your assets and asset portfolio and determining the risk associated with the operation
- Understanding the use of asset management and asset integrity management tools
- Criticality and Risk
- Risks Associated with Production
- The risk associated with maintenance or lack thereof
- Risks associated with health safety and the environment
- Developing a risk matrix (Probability, Consequence, and Detectability)
- Developing a successful strategic asset management plan based on identified risks and needs of individual
- Identifying business goals and aligning activities
- Lifecycle cost
- Maintenance Strategy tools
- Balancing activities, needs, and cost
- Operation demand and maintenance requirements – finding the balance
- People skills and skill management programs
- Case Study – Develop a Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP) to manage your asset portfolio risk
- Successful implementation of strategic asset management plans
- Task Development
- Detailed task writing
- Developing your CMMS system
- Inspection programs and operator-driven reliability
- Pitfalls that should be avoided
- Overdoing it with tasks
- KPIs that make sense
- Balanced scorecards
- Updating studies and continuous improvement
- Final notes on techniques and technologies
- Tools and techniques to simplify inspection
- Tools and techniques to build a visual inspection program
- Skills matrices and successful implementation and integration
- Case study – Implementing your SAMP successfully and following up on your implementation
Who Should Attend the ISO 55000 Training Course?
This training course caters specifically to but is not limited to the following disciplines:
- Managers responsible for maintenance and operations
- Managers overseeing engineering activities
- Managers involved in maintenance planning
- Professionals engaged in asset management
By joining PetroSync’s ISO 55000 training course, you will gain a deep understanding of the standard and its practical implementation. Our expert instructor, who is a certified ISO 55000 engineer, will guide you through the key elements of ISO 55000, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a strategic asset management plan tailored to your organization’s needs. You will learn how to align asset management with your business goals, integrate asset integrity management tools, and make informed decisions that drive long-term success.
Make a valuable investment in your professional development and unleash the complete potential of your organization’s assets. Enroll in our ISO 55000 training course today and begin an impactful journey toward achieving excellence in asset management with PetroSync!
Credit header image: Pexels.com